Beauty // Lush Event

Friday 14 August 2015

Thanks to fellow blogger and friend Kassi I was invited to the Lush Nottingham Product Event on Wednesday. I've never been to an event like this before so didn't know what to expect, what to where or what to do. I just knew how to be excited for it!
I have been in to Lush for years, using their bath bombs and facial exfoliators, cleaners and moisturisers to keep my skin feeling fresh and smelling great. I floated away from Lush at the beginning of my University days as I swapped my skin care and stopped having baths (at University you realise you have to pay water bills so all baths go out the window). Now I am slowly getting back in to Lush again going to the event was a great chance for me to see what new products they have, what products can work for my sensitive skin and, overall, just learning what does what.
The staff in the Nottingham store were nothing but friendly and welcomed us in with huge smiles and seemed just as excited for the evening as we were. I have to say the teams product knowledge was outstanding and they knew so much about each product, how it works and couldn't be more helpful in recommending products for my skin/hair type.
The event was the chance to showcase some of the new 200 product ranges that were first introduced in the London's Oxford Street flagship store that opened in April. A selection of these new products are now to be rolled out in Lush shops worldwide from this month.









1. INTERGALATIC // Bath Bomb 
"...Watch as its space dust (popping candy) spins around your orbit transforming the bath in to a galaxy of clouds, whilst enjoying its aha velvet fragrance of grapefruit, cedar wood and peppermint".
It's glittery surface makes the water glitter in the deep blue hue making it look like space and you can hear the popping candy as it melts. The colour burst you get as it reacts with the water is amazing and its really is like watching some sort of colour galaxy before your eyes.

2. THE EXPERIMENTER // Bath Bomb
"Inspired by our ultra high definition film, this multi-layered, sweetly fragranced bomb creates an explosion of colour and texture that perfectly captures Lush's creativity". 
This is the bath bomb I decided to put in my goodie bag because I couldn't believe the crazy mix of vibrant colours in the water and how soft it made your skin feel. The smell is beautiful with Fair Trade vanilla and perfume. Its handy shape means you can easily split in two or just indulge in the whole bomb (and then buy another one).

3. YOGA BOMB // Bath Bomb
"If you long for calm and contemplation, drop this layered bomb in to your bath. As the mesmerising colours unfurl, woody olibanum and ho wood create an atmosphere of deep relaxation". 
Yoga bomb is definitely going on my wish list as I think this is the perfect bath bomb or those who are feeling anxious or stresses and need some relaxation time. It has quite a strong smell to it but I think it would be easy to get used to once you start relaxing. I love the colour of this one also and, like the other bombs, it is quite a big size so you can either split it in half or use it all at once for a longer bath.

4. PINK FLAMINGO // Reusable Bubble Bar
"The cocktail inspired bubble bar is scented in rosewood from our sustainable Peruvian distillery and ylang ylang. The macadamia nut oil with leave you with soft skin". 
It smells amazing and leaves your skin feeling so soft. Plus, it turns the water a pretty baby pink colour with a topping of bubbles. It's quite a fun little bubble bar and it great to split if you don't want to use it all in one go.

5. MILKLY BATH // Bubble Bar
"The fairly traded cocoa butter will leave you with the sorest skin and be uplifted with the scent of orange oil."
All you have to do is crumble this sweet looking bar under the water, which makes it look like frothy milk and leaves your skin feeler extra soft. I would personally say this bar leaves your skin feeling softer and has a nicer touch to it than the Pink Flamingo.

6. SALTED COCONUT // Hand Scrub
This gentle exfoliating scrub contains 50% sea salt, up-lifting lemon oil and extra virgin coconut oil leaves your hands feeling moisturised and awakened. I got to try this product and you only need a small amount to scrub away at your dry or wet hands (which ever you prefer) and lift all the dead skin away. Straight away I could not only see the difference but I could feel it as well and my hand felt very fresh and reinvigorated.

7. GOLDEN HANDSHAKE // Hand Mask
On one hand I had the above and on the other I had this soft hand mask. This little glittery hand contains argan oil, avocado oil, cupuacu butter and murumuru butter and as soon as applied in instantly begins to make your hand feel soft. Just melt the hand in hot water and stir until you create a paste that is cool enough to apply to the skin and leave for as long as you like. Due to it containing the butters it is a little tricky to get off but that is to be expected due to the consistency. After it was removed my hand immediately felt lighter which may sound strange but try it for yourself and see because it felt like my whole hand was relaxed.

8. LOVE AND LIGHT // Hand Cream
After we received the above two it was time to apply a moisturiser in the form of this hand cream that feels light and soothing and made with a delicate floral fragrance of orange flower and neroli. I'm quite wary of hand creams as my hands tend to be sensitive but that worked wonders and left my hands feeling soft and smelling nice for hours. Like the name suggest it is very light and doesn't feel greasy at all as we have probably all had those greasy creams before, am I right?

9. REFRESHER, 93, 000 MILES and NEEDLES + PINES// Shower Jellies
Shower jellies I hear you say? Well, yes Lush have "thought outside the bottle" and added a "little wibble wobble to your washes" with these new jellies. Simply chill it, freeze it or use it straight from the pot and rub all over for soft skin. I found these a little scary but may give these a go in the future as they really did make my hands soft and they smells are gorgeous.

10. WASH THAT MAN RIGHT OUT OF MY HAIR // Shower Gel
These one made it in to my goodie back with I also had the options of Don't Rain On My Parade or Beautiful. I went for this one as it had lavender in it which is great for relaxation and naturally calms me down and leaves my skin feeling fresh (plus you smell great for hours afterward). I was also told that these double up as shampoos which is so handy if you're at he gym and don't want to fill your bag up with products. This definitely something I can invest in as I am always taking too much product to the gym.

List of New Lush Products - 
Bath Bombs
Frozen 
The Experimenter 
Intergalactic 
Yoga Bomb

Bubble Bars
Pink Flamingo 
Milky Bath
Granny Takes a Dip

Shower 
Rub Rub Rub (Solid Body Scrub)
The Rough with the Smooth (Solid Body Scrub)
Yuzu and Cocoa (Shower Cream)
The Comforter (Shower Cream)
Refresher (Shower Jelly)
Beautiful (Shower Gel)

New Inventions
Life's a Beach (Body Scrub Powder)
Dreamwash (Roulade) 
Turkish Delight (Roulade)
Lush Mechanic (Cold Pressed Soap)
Lush Gardener (Cold Pressed Soap)
Lush Hippy (Cold Pressed Soap)
Damaged (Hot Oil Hair Treatment)
Kinky (Hot Oil Hair Treatment)
Tangled (Hot Oil Hair Treatment 

Solid Soaps
Maypole 
Layer Cake
Milky Bar 
Outback Mate
Respect Your Elders
Serendipity 
Devil's Nightcap
Sea Salted Caramel

Face, Hands & Feet
Rosy Cheeks (Fresh Face Mask)
Don't Look At Me (Fresh Face Mask)
Cup O'Coffee (Face Mask)
Magical Moringa (Moisturiser)
Love and Light (Hand Cream)
Golden Handshake (Hand Mask)
Elbow Grease (Hand Cream)
Salted Coconut (Hand Scrub)
Pumice Power (Foot Soap)
Softy (Foot Cream)
Twinkle Toes (Foot Powder)
Pink Peppermint (Foot Cream)

Colour Supplements
Dark Brown 
Light Brown

A massive thank you to the Nottingham team for having me and thank you to Angel for her amazing brownies, cookies and cupcakes. You have restored my love in Lush!

All images are my own. Follow Lush @LushNottingham and Angel @norcaliangel

- Speak soon, Lisa Jayne X

No comments:

Post a Comment