Fashion // Autumn Wishlist

Sunday 9 August 2015


7. Jumper / Collar Combo

So despite the lovely weather that seems to have popped up this weekend over Nottingham I am definitely in Autumn mode and thinking about what to wear this new season. I'm not a fan of summer! I hate being hot and I'm not in to wearing shorts and sandals. Autumn is a favourite for me as it means cosy new coats, new boots, leaves falling off the trees, colder mornings, early night reading sessions and more of an excuse to get a warm drink at Starbucks. I feel that because I have finished work and going back home I'm on some weird summer school-like holiday and need to start buying new coats, shoes and stationary.

I normally like to have an Autumn coat and a Winter one, but this year I've decided to just buy one coat as there aren't that many options I'm finding to fit what I am after. My Topshop winter coat is reaching its 6th year of use and so sadly it's time to buy a new one (such a shame isn't it?). This Joules coat (1) is a bright little number for Autumn and thick/waterproof enough for Winter too.
Shoes are not my thing but I do love a pair of Converses (or Vans) and with new holes cropping up each day in my current pair it's time to make a new purchase. I've always owned a white pair so think it's time for change and these All Star Oxford trainers (2) are spot on!
Moving in to a new job means new outfits and a chance to have a change of look, a more grown up style I guess. I love florals and have found a new love in stripes again which means this Joules jersey top with a floral yoke (3) is definitely on my work wear list. I will most certainly be wearing a lot of stripes and denim with my Doc Martins over the next few months (5) as its such an easy, "French" style but a laid down look that can be easily accessorised with jewellery and a red lipstick.
I already love rocking (or trying to rock) a messy bun and my Raybans, but I have grown a want-need-must have relationship with red lipsticks (6) and I have been drooling over Revlon's Colourburst Matte Balm in Audacious and Striking. I'm quite indecisive so haven't quite decided which one will make it in to my make-up bag but definitely know I will at some point attempt this look. 
If you read my textiles blog you'll know my colour crush at the moment is Marsala, a dark red/brown colour and is a must have on my nails. I never tend to wear bright colours on my nails that much and prefer darker shades so Essie's Bordeaux is the right shade for this look (4). As it gets a bit chillier on certain days I will attempt again this year to do the jumper-shirt collar combo (7). This Marsala colour is not only one I need for my nails, it is one I need for this jumper/shirt collar combo that I will again attempt this year on this chillier days. And, knowing how H&M are pushing out the 70's dark colour palette, I will probably end up picking one there.

What is your favourite from the list? And, what if on you Autumn Wishlist?

Speak soon - Lisa X

1 comment:

  1. I am loving the joules top, it is so gorgeous! I must say that I have been staring at the yellow Topshop raincoat myself, and am oh so very tempted... and I have been longing after black high tops for a while now. Maybe I should finally take the plunge! x x x

    ReplyDelete