Homeware Wishlist

Saturday 22 August 2015


Now I am back home and have finally sorted through my room (I say finally but there is actually still a few things to get rid off) I am in need of adding some bits and bobs to make it more cosy ready for Autumn nights in with a good book. Yes, I have an exciting life!
Sorting out through my room started off with me going through old memories including letters, a lot of those Polaroid snaps you get of yourself and the topless Abercrombie Model outside their London store (I looked so afraid in all those pictures it was quite funny), exhibitions leaflets, theatre booklets, clothes and college work. I cannot believe some of the things I designed at college and thought they were actually good. It was a shame to get rid of it all but since leaving college I have never used any of it and it was time for it to go to make room for my University work which had been stacked in corner piles until now.
I have a lot less stuff and clutter about me now so I can spend more time in my room creating things and blogging. I have my little corner of textile/fashion books stacked up with my beloved Roberts radio on top and my mannequin covered in fabric swatches next to a huge box full of art materials and paper (I never knew I had do much paper in my life). But, who knew I had so many perfumes, beauty products, scarves and bags! Why do I hoard everything I get or own? Why am I not ruthless enough with my stuff? So, purchases should be made gradually!

I want to build a little photo frame gallery on one side of my room and this Scroll Landscape Frame and Hanging Frame from M&S would work great with the white, vintage like frames I already own that have pictures from Paris in them. On the other side near my pretend little studio I call a desk I will place the fashion illustrations that I had for my degree show kindly designed by my friend Chris. Note to self is to get a pin board to have inspiration in front of me for future projects and to make it a more creative place.
I love anything with my initial on it for some reason and this Alphabet L Scented Candle from M&S got me very excited when I saw it in store and it smells quite nice. And I do love a good candle so this is perfect.
I have gone through a lot of blankets in my time, they were my essential during the University winter months when you didn't want to put the heating on. This Soft Blanket form H&M is one I have been admiring for some time now so maybe this might be the first buy. It is super soft and a lovely cream that would work with this Arabella Print Set from M&S, which is very granny chic don't you think? Almost like having old curtains on your bed. I own a lot of cushions but some are starting to look old and I like to decorate beds with blankets and cushions so this Lady of the Manor Slogan Cushion was a great find from M&S again and adds a bit of humour to any room.
I want to join the cool gang of bloggers who have dishes and glass holders for all things jewellery and cotton buds and have seen a few little bits in H&M home back in Nottingham but haven't found anything that is right just yet. I'm a big fan of Urban Outfitters homeware so will be keeping my eye out for things on their website and, if I was rich enough, I am pretty sure I would have many things fro Zara Home as their printed bedspreads are gorgeous.

Whats on your homeware wish list this coming Autumn/Winter?

- Speak soon, Lisa Jayne X

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pieces! I'm loving homeware stuff at the moment, Zara Home is the dream. xxx

    http://emberst0rm.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete