Office Inspiration

Wednesday 2 September 2015


1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

All I have floating in my mind right now is how much I want and desperately need a new desk and chair. After a look around the internet, especially Pinterest, for ideas and a trip to Ikea at the weekend I've finally come up with how I potentially want my little desk to look and to figure out prices. I have to say I am quite impressed by Ikea office stuff at the moment as the desks and chairs are good quality but very affordable for start ups. And for me personally I don't like to spend a lot of money on a desk but spend a bit more on adding accessories to make it a place I want to work at.
I like to think of my desk as my creative hub and it is where I tend to get things done away from having laptop time cocooned in bed with a cup of tea. I'm going to be quite busy with freelancing over the next couple of weeks so if I am not at work I will probably be sat at my desk working away on designs ready for the huge trade shows coming up alongside blogging. 
When I decorated my room a couple of years ago I got a very small desk because it was useful and manageable at the time, plus it fitted in to my budget. Now I need to upgrade and this is where Pinterest has come in handy for ideas. My desk can get messy very very quickly and currently feels very cluttered because there is no room for stationary boxes, pen pots, my Roberts radio or some flowers all in one place. 
I'm that type of person and designer to get excited by their desk and want to make it their own. When searching through Pinterest I came across these images and more that I can combined to create my own style. I love how all of them combined are simplistic and not too cluttered, especially the first one with images above the laptop, a space for stationary and a comfy chair. I'm trying to seek out a shappy chic chair that I could potentially up do and make my own floral cushion (2) so a trip to charity shops may be needed. Anyone that knows me knows I love flowers and having recently received flowers to put on my desk I need to keep on top of having some. They brighten up any space and are great for pictures (you have to think of your Instagram don't you!). I want to be able to stick inspiration on the wall with cute washi tape (4) or get a little pin board (5) where I can also post some of my Paperchase postcards (I have a big collection) or little bits of inspiration I see and need to print out for projects. I currently have a huge art box that really needs sorting out and so a pen pot is ideally needed for my desk. Anything with monograms on attract me and I think a little cup with an L on will sit perfectly on the desk like in image 5 and 6. Another idea I picked up on is to have current magazines I am reading stacked on the side with a candle on top next to my Roberts radio to add some character. A lot of the coloured themes I see on Pinterest are gold and/or black but I think I want to keep it very simple by adding colour using flowers, my radio and my pin board.
All I need now is to get to Ikea and purchase the desk .... and maybe some flowers on the way home!

What is your workspace like? Follow my Office/Studio board on Pinterest here!

- Speak soon, Lisa Jayne X

No comments:

Post a Comment